Thursday 1 January 2015

1 January 2014 - A new year a new start...at least that's the plan

Too much has happened since we opened, and promptly abandoned this blog, sort of like the healthy eating, which we abandoned, restarted, abandoned, restarted, abandoned, along with the repeated starts and stops with the exercise programs and let's not forget the great health intentions along the way...new year, might as well start over.

This is NOT a reflection of the past...this is a new start from where I am at this moment. I can reflect on why I have started and stopped so many times, but as I have done that ad nausea I have decided to just take one step forward and keep my eyes on the prize (this blog may well end up being full of clichés like these.)

Today is January 1st. It is currently 1.57am as I write this. I did go to bed early and hoped to ring in the new year with snores, but the gunshot like sounds of firecrackers going off outside my house woke me up very quickly, and I rang in the new year being mildly amused by the sight of my 25 kilo dog sitting in the lap of my 130 kilo husband, terrified out of his tiny little mind at the sounds outside.

Anyway, I declare this blog reopened and fully functioning and I am committing to writing in it daily (or at least 5 times per week). This blog is for me (and my family, which extends to the Hedwacks) and is therefore my space to write, reflect, ponder, laugh, potentially offend and share. If someone chooses to follow me they may follow me, if they choose to comment they may choose to comment, if no one participates in my ramblings, that ok too.

I am committed to this space...you should see the pile of fake fingernails next to my computer that I just cut off to make typing an easy feat (I hate typing with fake fingernails on). My nails now look like shit, but I can type once more.

Peace, out!

No comments:

Post a Comment